Sunday, July 11, 2010

Klatovy Open A 2010

Well our boy in the Czech Republic did good: finishing in sixth place overall with a score of 6/9. A performance rating of 2381 and lost only one game.


The performance is really excellent when the standard of play is considered, Rory played dynamic chess throughout and was always willing to enter into complications. His play was well below his usual standard in his one loss. Rory played no short draws and in a number of the drawn games I felt that he had the advantage.

Here is Rory's eight round game!



The following is Rory's ninth round game, he definitely had the better of it. I wonder if Rory's exchange sacrifice on move twenty-six was really necessary?



Well done again Rory, no criticism intended I couldn't have done it! That's a great performance I hope it gives you confidence to go forward.

2 comments:

tpe said...

Hello. I don't know if this is new or ancient technology - I'm very far out of the loop on these things - but I absolutely love the way you have embedded games within your post which can then be clicked on move-per-move.

I'd love to know how to do this, if you have the time to explain. Is it possible to put our own games into these grids and then put them up on our blogs? (Excuse my dire lack of technical language, but hopefully you'll know what I'm going on about!)

Kind regards etc....

TPE

Rory Quinn said...

hey tony only just saw this post now, thanks for your kind comments. re the exchange sac probably it wasnt necessary but it should win, the endgame is easily winning, i moved far too fast and just misplayed kd2 was terrible move and made some more mistakes after that