Friday, July 23, 2010

Forgotten games!

I hope to present games played by Irish Chess player's which I feel deserve to be remembered. Where possible the game will be annotated by the Irish player involved. The game can be from any period but it must be annotated by the player himself. We'll see how I get on with that idea! 
If I find a particular good game I will try contacting the player involved and asking for his notes.

To kick off the series here is a game from Kevin O'Connell. He stated on the ICU site that: "One of his proudest moments was seeing my game against Grabinger, Bagneux 1970, published in many French newspapers and magazines". This got me thinking and on doing a web search I found the game with notes by Kevin on the Exeter Chess Club site.

Good game - hope you enjoyed it!

No comments: