Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How to annoy people with your own chess site!

In the comments "tpe" (nice to hear from you) asked me about the game replay on this site - how's it done? Well firstly, a word of warning, I'm fairly new to all this. But this is what I've found so far - you have to use different methods depending on what you want to post.

I'll list the different sites I use:
chessflash (self explanatory really.)
chessviewer (have a look around the site it's slightly more difficult than the others but not too hard.)
chess (instructions on how to use are posted here.)

Chessflash
I've stopped using chessflash for presenting multiple games because it's been giving me trouble when I try to edit posts. Also it doesn't allow the download of the pgn. For single game posts it's good - the annotations can be clearly seen.
Chess
For multiple game posts I use chess.com. It also allows the download of the pgn and also allows the editing of posts without any problems. This is a big factor as I usually make a couple of mistakes during writing.
Chessviewer deluxe
Finally chessviewer deluxe: this is quite good for posting multiple games. It takes a small bit of tweaking to your blog settings but it's good for what it does.

Overall I think chess is the best. The ability to download the pgn file is a big factor for me when I visit other sites. I've provided a link to each - they're quite easy to use. Just read the instructions!

For chess diagrams I don't think you can beat chessup! It's main advantage over similar sites is the ability to add comments under the diagram.

As I said above - I'm quite new to this and if anyone has suggestions (about chess!) I'd love to hear from them.

No comments: